Join registered dietitian, Brenna O’Malley in this 1-hour Masterclass on November 8th at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Replay will be available and sent out within 24 hours of the class.
This class is a good fit for anyone who wants to pass on a healthier relationship with food and their body to young people. We’ll be talking to parents, future parents, siblings, aunts/uncles, teachers, dietitians, therapists, school counselors and coaches.
This webinar will:
- give you actionable tools, resources and answers to help you raise kids/teens develop a positive relationship with food
- help you to encourage eating disorder prevention
- provide support to role models (parents — current or future!, siblings, friends, young people around you) to break the generational cycle of dieting
After this webinar you will
- have assessed your own relationship with food and your body, and identified potential disordered eating patterns and diet talk
- be able to identify risk factors for disordered eating among kids/teens
- understand how bodies change during puberty & adolescence
- be able to identify triggering or unhelpful language and phrases talking about food and bodies – and what to say instead
- have a list of responses and questions you can refer to when discussing body image struggles, comparison and bullying from peers with a kid/teen
- be equipped with lessons you can teach your kid/teen about bodies and food to support them developing a positive relationship with food and their body
- have a list of resources & books to continue your learning after this webinar